Is done to project and accentuate the cheeks on a person’s face. A lot of individuals consider full cheeks very eye-catching. Cheek augmentation can reestablish or will give you the fullness to your cheeks, if it has been vanished as you aged, or can generate the appearance of strong cheek bones that you never have or once had. There are several preferences for this operation, reliant on your present appearance, and the feature you desire to achieve.
The process enhances dimensions to the cheek by effectively enhancing the bone structure of the cheek section of the face, improving the substance of your mid-face and the total facial appearance in general.
Am I a good candidate ?
A good candidate for Cheek surgery could be a combination or one below
- You’ve been dissatisfied with lack of cheekbone structure
- Your cheek appears lean that creates a mature appearance
- If you have lost full dimensions in the malar area associated with aging
- If you desire a fuller, more young look
- If you opt to have a more permanent solution tired of yearly used of temporary fillers in order t to achieve full cheeks.
- Should be of good health with a normally functioning immune system.
- You wanted to have a more prominent Cheek.
What is it like during the Consultation ?
Suggestively essential to have a clear idea of your Cheek’s appearance, how will it look and, in the same manner, bear in mind that there are limitations to the procedure.
- We may use Vectra M3, a perfect fit for today’s aesthetic practice; the VECTRA M3 delivers extraordinary performance in an advanced 3D imaging solution. Instantly capture detailed 3D images of the face, neck and you can see projected result or at least make it a reserve image in comparing the result afterwards.
- You should come to the consultation prepared to discuss your medical history includes information about any medical conditions you may have, medical treatments you have received, previous surgeries including any facial surgeries or previous operations, injuries, and medications that you currently take.
- Surgeon will conduct a routine and painless examination of your chin and surrounding features
- Your skin quality as well as the size and shape of your cheek and its relationship to your other facial features will be carefully studied.
- Dermaster’s surgeon wants to be informed if you have allergies, especially if they affect your eyes.
- High blood pressure, thyroid problems, diabetes, et al. should be studied as these medical situations may increase some risks related with chin surgery.
- This procedure also needs both emotional and physical maturity in order to attain the desired goal.
- Dermaster’s plastic surgeon will provide additional data during the actual consultation.
This will aid your plastic surgeon to grasp your expectations and determine whether it can realistically be achieved or meet.
How is it performed ?
Aesthetic cheek surgery can be done with combination of any facial surgery or can be performed alone.
Like Chin surgery, there are numerous selections available as it augments the bony structure of your cheek, implants of various shapes, sizes, and materials are available, and are chosen depending on the changes desired and the method employed.
Types of Incision and Techniques Involved
- While you are lying down during Cheek Surgery, your surgeon will make precise markings to designate where the exact placement will be done.
- Incision is made and a pocket intended to accommodate the implant directly over the bone on both cheek.
- Solid or textured silicone implantations will be placed through a small incision under both cheeks can be placed through the mouth with a minor incision at the gum line.
- The cheek implant is secured in place either by designing a well-fitting pocket, or attaching it to soft tissue or bone.
- The cut is secured, completing the cheek augmentation.
- Sutures are skillfully completed to smooth and reconfigure areas around the incision site depending on the need and surgeon’s preference.
The personalized technique that your plastic surgeon recommends will be contingent on many aspects such as the position of your chin, facial characteristic and condition of the skin and muscles in the area. Your plastic surgeon will select the surgical technique that he or she feels will obtain the best outcome for you.
Local anesthesia with intravenous sedation or local anesthesia or general anesthetic depending on the approach to ensure the comfort of the patient are commonly used.
This is an outpatient procedure.
The patient may return to school or work within five to seven days, and resume strenuous activity, such as contact sports in one to two months.
- Normal activities are advice as tolerated.
- Other activities including exercise can usually be resumed within three weeks; however, strenuous and intensive exercise should be avoided during the early postoperative period.
- Make up may not be applied on the incision site until a week after surgery to further reduced risk for infection.
Risks and Complications The risks in most surgeries are similar.
Anybody considering surgery, however, should be conscious of both the benefits and risks. Dermaster’s ultimate goal is to make this experience as smooth and comfortable experience as possible.
The subject of risks and potential complications of surgery is best discussed on a personal basis between you and your surgeon, or with a staff member in your surgeon’s office.
Though the risk and complications are minimal in most cases you can always expect temporary swelling, temporary numbness and bruising around the cheeks after the surgery.
Serious potential complications needs to have immediate care are the following
- Pain that never go away or lessen by any pain medications.
- Bleeding or hematoma (an accumulation of blood under the skin that may require removal),
- Swelling that last longer than the normal healing process.
- Chin implant displacement either by accident or strenuous activity
- Infection. Preventive antibiotics will be given after surgery to reduce the risk of infection.
- Reactions to anesthesia.
You can help minimize certain risks by following the advice and instructions of your plastic surgeon, both before and after your Cheek surgery.
Further pre and post care instruction will be provided accordingly.
Smoking can delay healing process due to the Nicotine itself and alcohol consumption may contraindicate to medications.
- Personalized result will be attained (fuller cheeks)depending on your existing cheek and other facial structure
- Numerous implant selections to attain preferred appearance
- Aesthetic Cheek Augmentation will improve your total facial appearance
- Since the healing process is continuing, you should anticipate waiting for at least few weeks to get an accurate image of the results of your chin surgery.
- Incisions will fade over a number of months usually becoming barely visible and are virtually unnoticeable after they have healed.