Rhinoplasty is surgical procedure to restructure the nose for appearance improvement in order to suit facial proportion. It is done by improving and reconstructing the form, shape, nasal bridge form, tip and restoring the functions. Sometimes certain breathing problems related to the internal nasal structures can be corrected at the same time as nose reshaping is performed. Your plastic surgeon will be able to help you determine whether these structures should be modified along with reshaping your nose.
Am I a good candidate ?
It is recommended to be at least 14 or 15 years old and possibly older for boys, before undergoing Rhinoplasty. This is for the reason that the nose may not be completely developed at a younger age. No upper age limit and is sometimes performed in conjunction with a facelift or any face surgery.
If your nose is described below then you are indeed a good candidate
- seems outsized for your face
- asymmetrical or curved
- nostrils are disproportionately flared
- presence of an unusual bump on the nasal bridge when viewed in profile
- wide nasal appearance on front view
- the nasal tip droops or plunges
- engorged looking tip
- previous injury has made your nose asymmetrical
- simply wanted to have a more pleasant looking nose
What is it like during the Consultation ?
Suggestively essential to have a clear idea of your nose’s appearance, how will it look and, in the same manner, bear in mind that there are limitations to the procedure.
On the consultation
- We will use Vectra M3, a perfect fit for today’s aesthetic practice, the VECTRA M3 delivers extraordinary performance in an advanced 3D imaging solution. Instantly capture detailed 3D images of face, neck and you can see projected result.
- You should come to the consultation prepared to discuss your medical history includes information about any medical conditions you may have, medical treatments you have received, previous surgeries including repair of nasal injuries, and medications that you currently take.
- Surgeon will conduct a routine and painless examination of your internal nasal structures
- Your skin quality as well as the size and shape of your nose and its relationship to your other facial features will be carefully studied.
- It is important for you to provide complete information.
- This procedure also needs both emotional and physical maturity in order to attain the desired goal.
- Dermaster’s plastic surgeon will provide additional data during the actual consultation.
What is the cost of surgery ?
There is already an estimated cost for the said surgery. However since it could be a combination or may use a different approach, Dermaster’s plastic surgeon must initially complete a systematic evaluation before your personalized surgical plan can be developed. Resulting this, the fees required for your surgery will be discussed with you.
How is it performed ?
Due to specific individualized factors, results vary. Dermaster’s goal is to obtain the paramount imaginable outcome for you.
Modifications may be made to increase or decrease the nasal bridge, reduce the size or thickness of the nose, narrow the nostrils, change the angle between the nose and upper lip, or reshape the tip.
The surgical techniques involved will depend primarily on the goals established that is mutually agreed upon by you and the surgeon.
Types of Incision and Techniques Involved
- Close Rhinoplasty -In numerous occurrences, all of the incisions will be placed inside your nose, where they will not be visible.
- Incisions are hidden in the natural crease where the nostril joins the cheek.
- Open Rhinoplasty – a very short incision is made across the vertical strip of tissue that separates the nostrils, called the columella.
- Whatsoever incisions are used to restructure your nose, they will ultimately be very unremarkable.
- Through the small incisions described previously, work is done on the cartilage and bone that form the framework of your nose.
- Sometimes, the position of certain bones may need to be altered slightly in order to make your nose look narrower and straighter. If your nose needs to be built up in some areas, this can be done using nasal cartilage, or perhaps bone or cartilage from another site.
Risk and Complications
Luckily, significant complications from Rhinoplasty are rare. Anybody considering surgery, however, should be conscious of both the benefits and risks. Dermaster’s ultimate goal is to make this experience as smooth and comfortable experience as possible.
The subject of risks and potential complications of surgery is best discussed on a personal basis between you and your surgeon, or with a staff member in your surgeon’s office.
Though the risk and complications are minimal in most cases you can always expect temporary swelling, temporary numbness and bruising around the eyes and nose after the surgery.
Serious potential complications needs to have immediate care are the following
- Bleeding or hematoma (an accumulation of blood under the skin that may require removal),
- Infection. Preventive antibiotics will be given after surgery to reduce the risk of infection.
- Reactions to anesthesia.
You can help minimize certain risks by following the advice and instructions of your plastic surgeon, both before and after your surgery.
Can I exercise immediately ?
- Normal activities are advice as tolerated.
- Other activities including exercise can usually be resumed within three weeks; however, strenuous and intensive exercise should be avoided during the early postoperative period.
- In many occurrences, you may be able to return to work within a week or ten days after surgery.
- Due to your nose’s sensitivity, it needs few months before you can expose your reshaped nose to direct heat of the sunlight.
- If the cartilages and bones of your nose were reformed, you need a good number of weeks before you can wear glasses without special support and coverings such as tape.
Is the result lasting ?
Mostly, the outcomes of Rhinoplasty are long-lasting and considered permanent, except for conceivable changes related with the normal aging progression.
You will be instructed a follow-up care at recommended intervals, at which time your development will be evaluated.
Always remember that the relationship with us does not end when you leave the operating theater, granting you have additional queries or apprehensions throughout your recovery, you should contact us directly.