2 Main reasons that cause hair loss hair and baldness
1. Natural Hair Loss
Once hair reaches its growth phase, it gradually falls from its root. The follicles where it rests become smaller and push the dead shaft out of the root. As the old hair falls, new hair replaces it. Therefore, no noticeable trace of hair fall ( temporary baldness) because hair will grow alternately. Hair falls and regenerates itself according to its cycle.
2. Premature Hair Loss
- Genetic inheritance can cause a permanent baldness. This condition is commonly found in men and those whose ancestors experience baldness or hair thinning.
- A male hormone called Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) reacts against 5- alpha reductase produced in the adrenal glands causes the contraction of the hair follicle and forces the hair to fall. New hair grows smaller and thinner.
- Chemical and hairstyling products leave film residues on the scalp. This residues clogs the hair follicles and blocks the root hair cell from fully receiving the nutrition and oxygen, resulting in and easily broken hair, hair fall and hair loss.
- Emotion such as mental or physical stress causes muscle contraction at the crown and the front of the head. This contraction restricts the blood supply to capillaries, inhibiting can get into cell to feed hair root.
- Bacteria and germs such as Demodex causes bald patch (Alopecia Areata). Fungal infection, syphilis and venereal disease can ruin hair growth process, In severe case, entire head’s hair fall called Alopecia Totalis could happen.
- Diseases such as cancer, some allergies, diabetes, adrenal gland disorder, or high cholesterol level weaken the hair cell and activate hair loss.